Last Updated: January, 2021
Tribe Technologies Inc (“Provider”) provides a community platform and application program interface (API) on a software as a service and platform as a service basis (“Service”, as further defined below). The Service is provided on a subscription basis as further described in this Agreement and on the Website under specific subscription plans offered by Provider from time to time. The Services are provided through the website https://tribe.so (the “Website”). This Agreement applies to anyone (“You”/”Customer”) who subscribes for or otherwise uses the Services.
THESE TERMS (WHICH TOGETHER WITH ANY ONLINE ORDER PROCESS OR ORDER FORM OFFERED BY TRIBE THROUGH THE WEBSITE WHICH INCORPORATE THESE TERMS BY REFERENCE (“ORDER FORM”) ARE COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS THE “AGREEMENT”) CONTAIN IMPORTANT LIMITATIONS ON REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, REMEDIES AND LIABILITIES THAT ARE APPLICABLE TO THE SERVICES. ACCORDINGLY, YOU SHOULD READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICES. EITHER BY CLICKING A BOX INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OR BY EXECUTING AN ORDER FORM THAT REFERENCES THESE TERMS, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS HEREOF. IF YOU ARE AN AGENT OR EMPLOYEE OF AN ENTITY YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT (I) THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT IS AUTHORIZED TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT ON SUCH ENTITY’S BEHALF AND TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, AND (II) SUCH ENTITY HAS FULL POWER, CORPORATE OR OTHERWISE, TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND PERFORM ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, THEN DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT OR SERVICES.
1. Provision of Service.
1. Provision Generally. On execution by each Party of the Order Form, during the Subscription Term (as defined in Section 5.1) Tribe will provide Customer with access to Tribe’s community platform and Tribe’s application program interface (API) (collectively, the “Service”) allowing Customer to build scalable customer online community in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In order to access and use the Service, Customer is responsible at its own expense for obtaining its own Internet access and any hardware and software required therefor. Customer’s right to use the Service during the Subscription Term shall be subject to and in accordance with any additional conditions, restrictions or parameters specified in the Order Form(s)
2. Grant of Rights. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including the applicable Order Form), Tribe hereby grants to Customer a limited, royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable (except for permitted assignments as hereinafter described) right to access and use the Service in accordance with the Documentation (as defined in Section 7.1), subject to the purchased quota (as further described in the Order Form’s pricing tiers) and solely for Customer’s internal business purposes during the Subscription Term. Customer may use Tribe’s community platform to host an online community for its own customers, but Tribe’s community platform can’t be sold as a service by the Customer to other customers. All rights not expressly granted to Customer are reserved by Tribe and its licensors. There are no implied rights.
3. Eligibility Requirements. By entering into this Agreement, Customer represents and warrants that Customer meets the following minimum requirements (“Eligibility Requirements”): (a) Customer has the necessary rights and authority to enter into and perform the obligations required of Customer under this Agreement; (b) the Customer Data (as defined herein) is and will remain within Customer’s right to use, accurate, complete and current; (c) Customer’s use of the Service will comply with all applicable laws and regulations; and (d) Customer will not infringe the rights of any third party (including without limitation any intellectual property rights or privacy rights) in its use of the Service.
4. Restrictions. Customer shall not (and shall not allow any third party to): (a) permit any third party to access or use the Service except as envisioned by the Service in its normal operation or specified herein; (b) alter, modify, debug, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any software (including source code) associated with the Service; (c) use any unauthorized robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Service, or engage in any scraping, data-mining, harvesting, data aggregating or indexing of the Service except to have copy of Customer Data and End User Data (d)frame or mirror any content forming part of the Service; or (e) access the Service in order to (f) build a competitive product or service, or (ii) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service. Customer shall keep all passwords and API keys provided to it safe and secure, and shall be responsible for all use of the Service using passwords or API keys issued to Customer. Customer shall notify Tribe immediately of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of its passwords or API keys for the Service. Without limiting any of its other rights or remedies, Tribe reserves the right to suspend access to the Service if Tribe reasonably believes that Customer has materially violated the restrictions and obligations in this Agreement after providing Customer written notice remained ineffective within 15 days.
The Service may not be accessed or used by any national or resident of a country embargoed by the United Stated or Canada including countries sanctioned by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or the Financial Action Task Force (FATF). By accessing or using the Service, Customer is representing and warranting that Customer is not located in, under the control of, or are a national or resident of any country to which the use of the Service would be prohibited by the laws of Canada or the United States.
5. Customer Cooperation. Customer shall: (a) reasonably cooperate with Tribe in all matters relating to the Service; (b) respond promptly to any Tribe request to provide information, approvals, authorizations or decisions that are reasonably necessary for Tribe to provide the Service in accordance with this Agreement; and (c) provide such Customer materials or information as Tribe may reasonably request to provide the Service and ensure that such materials or information are complete and accurate in all material respects.
2. Tribe Technology.
In connection with providing the Service, Tribe and its licensors shall operate and support the hosted environment used by Tribe to provide the Service, including the Tribe Technology (as defined below), the server hardware, disk storage, firewall protection, server operating systems, management programs, web server programs, documentation and all other technology or information so used by Tribe. As used herein, “Tribe Technology” means all of Tribe’s proprietary technology (including software, hardware, products, processes, algorithms, user interfaces, know-how, techniques, designs and other tangible or intangible technical material or information) made available to Customer by Tribe in providing the Service, including any and all updates, modifications, improvements and derivatives thereto and thereof.
Tribe acknowledges and agrees that as between Customer and Tribe, all right, title and interest in and to the Customer Data and End User Data are and shall remain owned by Customer or its licensors, and this Agreement in no way conveys any right, title or interest in the Customer Data or End User Data other than a limited right to use the Customer Data and End User Data in accordance with the terms and conditions herein. No right or license is granted hereunder to Customer under any trademarks, service marks, trade names or logos. Customer shall not remove any Tribe trademark, service mark or logo, or any proprietary notices or labels (including any copyright or trademark notices) from the Service. Customer acknowledges and agrees that, as between Tribe and Customer, all right, title and interest in and to the Service (including the data, information, text, images, designs, sound, music, marks, logos, compilations (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly of information other than Customer Data and End User Data) and other content on or made available through the Service, other than Customer Data, the End User Data and the Customer’s copyrights elements including logo or graphic charter), the Tribe Technology and all improvements and derivatives of the foregoing (including all intellectual property and proprietary rights embodied therein or associated therewith) are and shall remain owned by Tribe or its licensors, and this Agreement in no way conveys any right, title or interest in the Service or the Tribe Technology other than a limited right to use the Service in accordance with this Agreement.
4. Fees; Payments; Taxes.
1. Fees. Customer shall pay Tribe the monthly fees set forth in the Order Form and make such payment in accordance with the instructions and schedule set forth in the Order Form. If the Order Form does not specify payment terms, the payment terms shall be net 45 days from receipt of invoice. Limited Services may be made available on a “free” basis, in which event no fees shall be payable.
2. Increases. Tribe reserves the right to increase its fees upon at least 90 days’ advance notice (e-mail or otherwise) to Customer; provided, however, that fee increases will not take effect until the start of the next Subscription Term.
3. Taxes. All amounts due hereunder are exclusive of all sales, use, excise, service, value added, or other taxes, duties and charges of any kind (whether foreign, federal, state, local or other) associated with this Agreement, the Service, or Customer’s access to the Service. Customer shall be solely responsible for all such taxes, duties and charges (except for taxes imposed on Tribe’s income), which may be invoiced by Tribe from time-to-time.
4. Late Payments. Customer shall pay interest on all late payments with 15 days written prior notice, at the lesser of (a) 1.5% per month or (b) the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Customer shall reimburse Tribe for all costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, incurred in collecting any unpaid amounts owed by Customer hereunder.
5. Term & Termination.
Term, Termination and Automatic Renewal. Customer’s initial subscription term for the Service commences on the date of acceptance of the applicable Order Form by Tribe and, unless sooner terminated as set forth herein, will continue for the period specified in the Order Form (the “Initial Subscription Term” or the “Subscription Term”). Notices to Tribe shall be sent to [email protected]
Termination for Breach. Either Party may terminate this Agreement by written notice thereof to the other Party, if the other Party materially breaches this Agreement and, where such breach is curable, has not cured such breach within 30 days’ receipt of written notice thereof.
Termination for convenience. Where the Service is provided to Customer on a “free” basis, Tribe reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without notice to Customer.
Effects of Subscription Termination; Survival. Upon any termination of this Agreement: (a) all rights granted to Customer hereunder shall terminate and Tribe shall no longer provide access to the Service to Customer, (b) Customer shall cease using the Service, and (c) Tribe shall delete all Customer Data. Any obligations that have accrued prior to termination shall survive termination of this Agreement. In addition, the following Sections, as well as any other provisions herein which by their nature should survive, shall survive termination of this Agreement: Sections 4-10.
6. Customer Data and End User Data.
Data Generally. All account and billing information, and all data and information which the Customer, or its End Users (being its employees and any other person who it permits to use its instance of the Service) inputs into the Service (collectively, “Customer Data”) will not be used by Tribe except as permitted herein. Tribe agrees to protect Customer Data and End User Data with no less than industry-standard information security tools and procedures. Customer hereby grants to Tribe a limited, non- exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free right to use, reproduce, manipulate, and display the Customer Data solely in connection with providing the Service to Customer. Tribe may analyze Customer Data, and data of other customers, to create aggregated and anonymized statistics or data that do not identify Customer or any individual, household, user, browser, or device and Tribe may during and after the Subscription Term use and disclose such statistics or data in its discretion. Except as specified otherwise in this Agreement, Customer shall be solely responsible for providing, updating, uploading and maintaining all Customer Data. Tribe shall operate the Service in a manner that provides reasonable information security for Customer Data and End User Data, using commercially reasonable data backup, security, and recovery protections. Personal data included in Customer Data and End User Data will only be processed in accordance with Tribe’s Data Processing Agreement attached as Exhibit A (“Data Processing Agreement”).
7. Warranty Disclaimer.
1. Disclaimer. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS –IS” BASIS, AND, TRIBE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (IN EACH CASE WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY (A) OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT (subject to the provisions of the article 9), (B) THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S REQUIREMENTS, WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE , ACCESSIBLE, UNINTERRUPTED), TIMELY, OR OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR, (C) AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE, OR (D) AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE.
2. Additional Disclaimer. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE SERVICE IS HOSTED BY A THIRD PARTY HOSTING PROVIDER (THE “HOSTING CONTRACTOR”) AND USES THIRD PARTY SERVER HARDWARE, DISK STORAGE, FIREWALL PROTECTION, SERVER OPERATING SYSTEMS, MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS, WEB SERVER PROGRAMS FOR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICE (THE “HOSTING CONTRACTOR SERVICES”). ADDITIONALLY, Tribe USES THIRD PARTIES TO HELP RECEIVE PAYMENTS (“PAYMENT PROCESSOR”). TRIBE MAY CHANGE ITS HOSTING CONTRACTOR AND PAYMENT PROCESSOR AT ANY TIME. CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE SERVICE IS SUBJECT TO ANY RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED BY THE HOSTING CONTRACTOR AND THE PAYMENT PROCESSOR, AS APPLICABLE. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, TRIBE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS, FAILURES, DEFECTS OR ERRORS WITH THE SERVICE TO THE EXTENT CAUSED BY THE HOSTING CONTRACTOR OR PAYMENT PROCESSOR. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE FEES PAYABLE FOR THE SERVICE REFLECT THE FACT THAT TRIBE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTS AND OMISSIONS OF THE HOSTING CONTRACTOR OR PAYMENT PROCESSOR, AND THAT TRIBE COULD NOT AFFORD TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE AT THE PRICES OFFERED IF IT WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THE HOSTING CONTRACTOR OR PAYMENT PROCESSOR.
8. Limitations of Liability.
1. Disclaimer of Indirect Damages. EXCEPT FOR (A) CUSTOMER’S OBLIGATION TO PAY ALL AMOUNTS DUE HEREUNDER; (B) ITS INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS; AND (C) ITS BREACH OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR CONFIDENTIALITY OBLIGATIONS OR RESTRICTIONS HEREIN (INCLUDING ANY LIMITATIONS OR RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF THE SERVICE), IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, PROFITS OR REVENUE) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE.
2. Damages Cap. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, TRIBE’S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES PAID BY CUSTOMER TO TRIBE DURING THE THEN-CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION TERM WHATEVER THE MOMENT OF THE THEN-CURRENT PERIOD (EXCLUDING NON-INFRINGEMENT AND CLAIM RELATED TO DATA PROTECTION).
3. Basis of the Bargain. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 8 ARE A FUNDAMENTAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN, THAT TRIBE HAS SET ITS FEES IN RELIANCE ON THE ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE PROVISIONS, AND THAT THEY SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THAT ANY REMEDY SHALL FAIL ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
1. Tribe Indemnification. Tribe shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Customer and its directors, officers, and employees (“Customer Indemnified Parties”) from and against any third-party claims, actions, proceedings, demands, lawsuits, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs)(collectively, “Claims”) to the extent the Service infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates (collectively, “Infringes”) any third party intellectual property or proprietary right.
2. Customer Indemnification. Customer shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Tribe and its directors, officers, employees, agents and providers (“Tribe Indemnified Parties”) from and against any Claims based on the Customer Data effectively uploaded by the Customer, excluding any such Claim to the extent resulting from Tribe’s use of the Customer Data in violation of this Agreement.
3. Indemnification Process. As conditions of the indemnification obligations in Sections 9.1-9.2 above: (a) the applicable Customer Indemnified Party or Tribe Indemnified Party (the “Indemnitee”) will provide the indemnifying Party (the “Indemnitor”) with prompt written notice of any Claim for which indemnification is sought (provided that failure to so notify will not remove the Indemnitor’s indemnification obligations except to the extent it is prejudiced thereby), (b) the Indemnitee will permit the Indemnitor to control the defense and settlement of such Claim, and (c) the Indemnitee will reasonably cooperate with the Indemnitor in connection with the Indemnitor’s evaluation, defense and settlement of such Claim. In defending any Claim, the Indemnitor shall use counsel reasonably satisfactory to the other Party. The Indemnitor shall not settle or compromise any such Claim or consent to the entry of any judgment without the prior written consent of the other Party (not unreasonably withheld).
4. Exclusions. Tribe’s obligations in Section 9.1 above shall not apply to any Claim to the extent arising from or relating to (a) misuse of the Service not strictly in accordance with the documentation therefor, Tribe’s instructions, and this Agreement; (b) any modification, alteration or conversion of the Service not created or approved in writing by Tribe; (c) any combination of the Service with any computer, hardware, software or service not provided by Tribe; (d) Tribe’s compliance with specifications or other requirements of Customer; or (e) any third party data or Customer Data. If the Service is or may be subject to a Claim of Infringement described in Section 9.1 above, Tribe may, at its cost and sole discretion: (i) obtain the right for Customer to continue using the Service as contemplated herein; (ii) replace or modify the Service so that it becomes non-Infringing without substantially compromising its principal functions; or (iii) to the extent the foregoing are not commercially reasonable, terminate this Agreement and return to Customer any pre-paid fees for the Service associated with the then-current Subscription Term. Tribe’s obligations in this Section 9 shall be Tribe’s sole obligations, and Customer’s sole remedies, in the event of any Infringement of intellectual property or proprietary rights by or related to the Service.
1. Definitions. “Confidential Information” means information that is disclosed by either Party (the “Disclosing Party”) to the other Party (the “Receiving Party”) hereunder during the Subscription Term that is clearly labeled or identified as confidential or proprietary when disclosed, or that, under the circumstances, should reasonably be treated as confidential, including without limitation information (tangible or intangible) regarding a Party’s technology, designs, techniques, research, know-how, specifications, product plans, pricing, customer information, user data, current or future strategic information, current or future business plans, policies or practices, employee information, and other business and technical information. “Confidential Information” shall not include any information that (a) is or becomes generally known to the public through no fault of, or breach of this Agreement by, the Receiving Party; (b) is rightfully in the Receiving Party’s possession at the time of disclosure without an obligation of confidentiality; (c) is independently developed by the Receiving Party without use of the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information; or (d) is rightfully obtained by the Receiving Party from a third party without restriction on use or disclosure. In addition, (i) the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be deemed to be Confidential Information of both Parties; (ii) the Service and Tribe Technology shall be deemed Confidential Information of Tribe, regardless of whether or not they are labeled or identified, or would reasonably be considered confidential; and (iii) Customer Data shall be deemed Confidential Information of Customer.
2. General Obligations. Each Party agrees that it will during the Subscription Term and thereafter a period of five (5) years (a) not disclose the other Party’s Confidential Information to any third party (other than as permitted in the last sentence of this paragraph); (b) use the other Party’s Confidential Information only to the extent reasonably necessary to perform its obligations or exercise its rights under this Agreement; (c) disclose the other Party’s Confidential Information only to those of its employees and independent contractors who reasonably need to know such information for purposes of this Agreement and who are bound by confidentiality obligations offering substantially similar protection to those in this Section 10; and (d) protect all Confidential Information of the other Party from unauthorized use, access, or disclosure in the same manner as it protects its own confidential information of a similar nature, and in no event with less than reasonable care. Notwithstanding the above, this paragraph shall not prohibit: (i) a Party from disclosing Confidential Information of the other Party to the extent required by applicable law, rule or regulation (including a court order or other government order); provided that such Party provides the other Party prior written notice of such disclosure, to the extent practicable, and reasonably cooperates with efforts of the other Party to seek confidential treatment thereof, to the extent such cooperation is requested by the other Party; or (ii) a Party from disclosing the terms and conditions of this Agreement to its attorneys and financial advisors, or current or potential lenders, other sources of financing, investors or acquirers; provided that such third parties are bound by confidentiality obligations offering substantially similar protection to those in this Section 10 (provided further that such third parties are only permitted to use such information for the purpose of advising, lending or providing financing to, or investing in or acquiring, such Party, as applicable).
3. Return or Destruction. Except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, the Receiving Party will return to the Disclosing Party, or destroy or erase, the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information in tangible form, upon the termination of this Agreement; provided that (a) Receiving Party may retain a copy of Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information solely for the purposes of tracking Receiving Party’s rights and obligations hereunder with respect thereto, (b) Receiving Party may retain copies of Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information solely to the extent required by law or by applicable professional standards which require such Party to retain copies of its working papers, and (c) Receiving Party may retain Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information solely to the extent reasonably necessary for Receiving Party to exercise rights or perform obligations under this Agreement that survive such termination.
4. Feedback. Notwithstanding the above or anything to the contrary herein, to the extent that Customer at any time provides Tribe with any feedback or suggestions regarding the Service, including potential improvements or changes thereto (collectively, “Feedback”), the Feedback shall not be considered Confidential Information of Customer, and Tribe may use, disclose and exploit the Feedback in any manner it chooses without any obligation to Customer. All Feedback provided by Customer is provided “AS IS” and without warranty or representation of any kind.
1. Assignment. This Agreement and any rights or obligations hereunder may not be assigned, sublicensed or otherwise transferred by either Party without the prior written consent of the other Party (not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed), except that either Party may assign or transfer this Agreement without the other Party’s consent (i) to any of its affiliates, or (b) upon a change of control of a party, a sale of all or substantially all assets of that party, or by operation of law, in each case, by providing the non-assigning party with prior written notice thereof provided that the assignee agrees in writing to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Agreement. Customer understands and agrees that, in the event its assignment of the Agreement results in a material change in Service usage, Tribe may require a renegotiation of Service pricing.
2. Entire Agreement; Precedence; Amendment. This Agreement (including the Order Form) contains the complete understanding and agreement of the Parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, oral or written, with respect thereto. In the event of conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Order Form, the Order Form will control and take precedence only with respect to pricing, payment and other such commercial matters that do not affect the Parties’ fundamental responsibilities and risk allocations herein. Each Party hereby rejects the inclusion of any pre-printed terms and conditions on any purchase orders or other such contract documents. All amendments must be in signed writing.
3. Notices. Tribe may give any notices issued in connection with this Agreement by email to Customer at the email address given by Customer when creating its account, and such notices shall be effective upon confirmation of transmission to Customer.
4. Force Majeure. Neither Party will be liable to the other Party for any failure or delay in performance by circumstances beyond its control, including, fire, labor difficulties, telecommunication failures, Internet unavailability, governmental actions or terrorism, provided that the Party seeking to rely on such circumstances gives written notice of such circumstances to the other Party and uses reasonable efforts to overcome such circumstances.
5. Choice of Law. Any question, claim or controversy arising out of or related to this Agreement (a “Dispute”) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws provision thereof or of any other jurisdiction that would produce a contrary result.
6. Disputes. In the event of any Dispute, the designated representatives of Customer and Tribe shall promptly confer and exert their good faith efforts to reach a reasonable and equitable resolution of such Dispute. Ifsuch representatives are unable to resolve such Dispute within five business days, the Dispute shall be referred promptly to the responsible senior management of each Party for resolution. Neither Party shall seek any other means of resolving any Dispute until both Parties’ responsible senior management have had at least five business days to resolve the Dispute. If the Parties are unable to resolve the Dispute in accordance with the foregoing procedure, then either Party may, at any time, deliver notice to the other Party of its intent to submit the Dispute to the Court of the Province of Ontario, Canada, except for provision relating to personal data of the Agreement and the Data Processing Agreement which will be submitted to the Court of Ontario, Canada.
7. Claims of Infringement. Tribe respects Customer’s copyrights and other intellectual property rights and those of other third parties. If Customer believes in good faith that Customer’s copyrighted work has been reproduced on the Service without Customer’s authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, Customer may notify our designated copyright agent by mail to: Tribe Technologies, Inc., Attn: Tribe Copyright Agent, 22 Wellesley Street East, Toronto, ON M2M 0G4 / [email protected] Please provide the following information to Tribe’s Copyright Agent: (a) the identity of the infringed work, and of the allegedly infringing work; (b) Customer’s name, address, daytime phone number, and email address, if available; (c) a statement that Customer has a good-faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the owner, his or her agent, or the law; (d) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that Customer is authorized to act on behalf of the owner; and (e) Customer’s electronic or physical signature. Tribe will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including the removing the allegedly infringing work from the Service.
8. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the Parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise or employment relationship between the Parties, and neither Party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other Party in any manner whatsoever.
9. Waiver. No waiver by either Party of any of the provision of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by such Party. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
10. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or illegal by a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, such provision will be modified to the extent necessary to render it enforceable, or will be severed from this Agreement, and all other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
11. Interpretation. Headings are provided for convenience only and will not be used to interpret the substance of this Agreement. Unless the intent is expressly otherwise in specific instances, use of the words “include,” “includes,” or “including” in this Agreement shall not be limiting and “or” shall not be exclusive.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW TRIBE DATA PROCESSING AGREEMENT (EXHIBIT A).